24 August 2009

**This World is Mine


A mere ten weeks after tricep surgery, I'm deadlifting 605 again. Want to know how?



It's not just because I rule. I mean, that's a rather major part of the equation, but most of it is busting my ass in the gym every day. Since my surgery, I've trained 6 days a week, squatting two to three times a week and deadlifting at least once. Three days a week I eat no carbs, and simply eat 5 pounds of baked chicken wings. Yes, 5 lbs of chicken wings. They're delicious. But as for deadlifting, I've been sticking to singles, doing them solid for about an hour, working up to a weight at which I fail, then backing off about 10 lbs and doing singles until I cannot, usually 15-20 sets. Then I go home, usually, after doing some ab wheel. The inclusion of the ab wheel is why I needed a belt like I needed cancer of the AIDS in this video. Sorry for the quality, but I had to do it on my cell phone.

Thus:
15x1x90-95% 1RM
seems to get it done. Give it a shot.

A typical week might've looked like this:
M-
Squat 10x1x95% 1RM
Reverse Grip Bench 10x1x95% 1RM
Weighted Pullups 10x3xheavy

T-
Arm Medley
Ab Wheel
Neck

W-
Deadlift 15x1x95% 1RM
Behind the Neck Push Press 5x5x8RM
Calves

T-
Arm Medley
Neck
Ab Wheel

F-
Front Squat 15x1x3RM
Bent Over Row 6x3x Super fucking heavy
Bench Press or Behind the Neck Push Press 10x3x5RM

S-
Power Cleans/Snatches/Log till I die.

S-
Rest, or do something light

Enjoy.

----------------
Now playing: Shattered Realm - This World Is Mine
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. How do you work your neck? And is there any reason besides aesthetics that you work calves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you can't guess what muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pains, anxiety and excessive fat.

    If this "hidden" super powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.

    ReplyDelete